Thursday, October 23, 2008

Homeland Insecurity, Slither, -and- Global Cooling


Homeland Insecurity - video shows terror training in Pocono Mountains
Slither - latest massage technique uses snakes
Global Cooling - cyclists brave freezing-cold weather to promote global-warming awareness

On this day in history: October 23, 1995 - The murderer of the popstar singer Selena, and president of her fan club, Yolanda Saldivar, found guilty in Houston of her slaying.

Born on this day in history: October 23, 1925 - Johnny Carson (1925–2005 )
Born in Corning, Iowa, and raised in Nebraska, comedian and talk show host Johnny Carson first hosted TV quiz show "Who Do You Trust?" (1958?63). As host of the "Tonight Show," 1962?92, Carson leveraged his midwestern innocence and cosmopolitan wit into a 30-year run. Upon retiring, he was regarded as almost a national institution.

Scripture of the Day: "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. — 1 Corinthians 10:23-24

Video of the Day: Komodo Dragons - submitted by Cap'n Jack





Southern Sheriff Pulls Over Obama Campaign Bus For Broken Taillight! Click to enlarge.






Sometimes I talk in my sleep. This morning, at 5:20 AM, I was talking in my sleep so loudly that I awakened myself. I was dreaming; and in my dream, I was recounting the story of an event that took place in my life many years prior. I was telling this story with such excitement and animation that I awakened myself.

Oh, well: It was time to arise!