Friday, October 24, 2008

Fighting Back, Bad Dog!, -and- Reality Check


Fighting Back - man evicted for shooting thief
Bad Dog! - NYC ups dog poop fine to $250
Reality Check - Online divorcee jailed after killing virtual hubby

On this day in history: October 24, 2002 - The Washington Sniper attacks come to an end when John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo are arrested. The pair chose victims at random, then shot at them with a sniper rifle. In three weeks, they killed ten people and critically injured three others before a suspicious trucker noticed the pair napping at a rest stop.

Born on this day in history: October 24, 1936 - Bill Wyman (1936-) Born William George Perks in Lewishman, England, musician Bill Wyman earned a spot in 1962 playing bass guitar with the Rolling Stones, which then included Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Brian Jones. The British band became a worldwide phenomenon. Wyman left the Stones in 1992, and has since performed with the Rhythm Kings, which includes Peter Frampton, Gary Brooker and Albert Lee.

Scripture of the Day: Correct me, LORD, but only with justice--not in your anger, lest you reduce me to nothing. — Jeremiah 10:24

Video of the Day: Komodo Swallows Pig - submitted by Cap'n Jack





McCain Blasts Obama As Out Of Touch In Burma-Shave-Style Billboard Campaign! Click to enlarge.






For some reason, I had not noticed that my HP notebook had an HDMI port. When I noticed this a few days ago, I immediately ordered an HDMI cable so that I could connect the notebook to the 47" Vizio LCD HDTV. The cable arrived yesterday, and I scurried home and connected it. It is really thrilling viewing images from my Nikon D3 DSLR on the Vizio! I watched slide shows of my photographs and watched a bit of "Leave It to Beaver" via Netflix. I can offer no reason why I did not realize the notebook had an HDMI port, yet I am certainly pleased that I determined that it did and have implemented it!