Monday, October 06, 2008

Flying High, Coming Home, -and- Please Help Me I'm Falling


Flying High - British woman skydiver conquers Everest
Coming Home - community builds house for homeless WWII vet
Please Help Me I'm Falling - toddler dropped from carnival ride caught by crowd

On this day in history: October 6, 1981 - During a commemoration of the Yom Kippur War, armed gunmen leap from a truck and begin shooting into the reviewing stand at Egyptian President Anwar Sadat. Along with Sadat, the assassins kill eight others.

Born on this day in history: October 6, 1905 - Helen Wills Moody (1905–98) Born in Centerville, California, tennis player Helen Wills dominated women's tennis from 1927 ? 1939, winning her first U.S. women's singles title in 1923.

Scripture of the Day: Blessings crown the head of the righteous, but violence overwhelms the mouth of the wicked. — Proverbs 10:6

Video of the Day: Happy Feet - Penguin Dance - submitted by Cindy





Sometimes, one must be prepared for animal cruelty. Click to enlarge.






Cold and dark! It was cold (52 degrees) and dark when I journeyed to my office this morning. It was 6:30 AM. It was cold, and it was dark. It is 7 AM now, and it is still cold and dark! I loathe cold weather. I am wearing long trousers and shoes this morning. I do not enjoy traveling in darkness. I shall begin coming here a bit later in the day until the weather is warmer and the morning light arrives earlier. When you look for the morning's blog entry and do not find it, you will know I am hiding from the darkness and cold!