Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Never Too Old, Roll of the Dice, -and- 'Netiquette


Never Too Old- 72-year-old woman gives birth to twins
Roll of the Dice - giving to Obama "lottery" called illegal gambling
'Netiquette - death penalty for online crimes in Iran

On this day in history: July 8, 1932 - Tod Browning's groundbreaking horror movie, "Freaks," featuring genuine carnival sideshow performers, premieres at the Rialto theater in New York. The film opens to critical outrage, and is later banned by the British government for 30 years.

Born on this day in history: July 8, 1961 - Toby Keith (1961-) Musician. Born Toby Keith Covel on July 8, 1961 in Clinton, Oklahoma. Raised in Oklahoma City, Keith started playing music at a young age after being inspired by the musicians who worked in his grandmother's supper club.

Scripture of the Day: "I am about to pour out my wrath on you and spend my anger against you; I will judge you according to your conduct and repay you for all your detestable practices." - Ezekiel 7:8

Video of the Day: Oregon Man Uses Balloons and a Lawn Chair to Fly - submitted by Cindy





I encountered this scene while driving to my office this morning. This will not end well! Click to enlarge.






It is HOT! When I arrived at my office this morning, it was 93 degrees inside my office! Yikes! I immediately engaged the air conditioning, of course. It shall be a hot day today. It was hot yesterday (over 113 degrees), but it was not nearly as hot early in the day as it is today. I enjoy summertime and warm temperatures, but this is a bit much—even for me!