Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fighting Back, How Ironic!, -and- They're Here!


Fighting Back - armed doctor chases off robber at restaurant
How Ironic! - stolen credit card used to buy program to prevent identity theft
They're Here! - mystery vibrations have Green Bay couple spinning

On this day in history: July 24, 1999 - Former Guns N' Roses guitarist "Slash" is arrested in West Hollywood for allegedly beating his girlfriend at the Le Parc Hotel five days prior.

Born on this day in history: July 24, 1970 - Jennifer Lopez (1970-) Born in the Bronx, New York, actress and pop singer Jennifer Lopez got her break in 1997 in Selena, making her the highest-paid Latina actress in history. Lopez's musical career also took off, and the 2001 J. Lo album debuted at No. 1. Lopez's romances have been widely publicized, including with rapper Sean "Puffy" Combs, actor Ben Affleck and current husband singer Marc Anthony.

Scripture of the Day: What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord! - Romans 7:24-25

Video of the Day: Western Spaghetti - submitted by Amber





Laura worked late yesterday. It was the only evening this week that she was not scheduled to work in the nursery or sing on the worship team during this week's David Woods crusade at Harvest Christian Center. Tonight, she will be working in the nursery, and Friday (the final evening of the crusade) she will be singing with the worship team. I decided that last evening would be a perfect time for a pre-birthday dinner! I grilled the remaining two Omaha Steaks filets mignons that were sent us by reader Chris. I also grilled two large white mushrooms and two white potatoes. I steamed and chilled a quantity of broccoli. We shred a bottle of 2001 Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon. It was a truly delightful meal.





Again today, the air quality is abysmal. The wildfires are under control, but they continue to smolder, and the wind drives the smoke into the city.

I have not yet removed the carcass of the dead Sony CRT TV from the wall mounting in my office. I have been enjoying Sirius satellite radio via the Internet. Since I have an account for Mr. Nitro, listening via the Internet is free. I listened to Jazz Café Tuesday and Blues yesterday. I am listening to Blues again today. Perhaps I shall go to Netflix and watch a movie. I am surviving well without a television. Who would have thought?