Fighting Back - store clerk shoots would-be robber
Stupid Criminals - motorcyclist flips off cops, slams into cruiser
Hold the Salad - Switzerland grants unprecedented rights to plants
On this day in history: May 6, 1937 - Zeppelin Hindenberg explodes at Lakehurst NJ, leaving 36 dead and others seriously burned. Official cause of the explosion is listed as "St. Elmo's Fire."
Born on this day in history: May 6, 1961 - George Clooney (1961– ) Born in Lexington, KY actor, producer and director George Clooney became known as Dr. Doug Ross in TV series "ER" (1994?9), and went on to fame in such hits as "Batman and Robin" (1997), "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" (2000) and "Oceans Eleven" (2001). In 2003, Clooney made his directorial debut with "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind."
Scripture of the Day: "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me." - Deuteronomy 5:6-7
Video of the Day: The Revival Hymn - submitted by Laura
22 WAYS TO BE A GOOD DEMOCRAT:
1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.
2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are more of a threat than nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Chinese and North Korean communists.
4. You have to believe that there was no art before federal funding.
5. You have to believe that global temperatures are more affected by soccer moms driving SUVs than by scientifically documented cyclical changes in the earth's climate.
6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial, but being homosexual is natural.
7. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.
8. You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach fourth graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
9. You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but loony activists who have never been outside of San Francisco do.
10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
11. You have to believe that Mel Gibson spent $25 million of his own money to make "The Passion of the Christ" for financial gain only.
12. You have to believe that the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
13. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.
14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, and Alexander Graham Bell.
15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.
16. You have to believe that Hillary Clinton is normal and is a very nice person.
17. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried is because the right people haven't been in charge.
18. You have to believe that conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and sex offender belonged in the White House.
19. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag, transvestites, and bestiality should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
20. You have to believe that illegal Democratic Party funding by the Chinese Government is somehow in the best interest of the United States
21. You have to believe that it's okay to give federal workers the day off on Christmas Day, but it's not okay to say "Merry Christmas."
22. You have to believe that this message is part of a vast right wing conspiracy.
Ready to vote?