Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stupid Criminals, Vacation, -and- Ah Wilderness


Stupid Criminals - robber shoots self in groin
Vacation - family completes trip with dead grandma in RV
Ah Wilderness - federal ruling allows back-country trails to stay open

On this day in history: January 16, 1942 - Raising money for the war, actress Carol Lombard and her mother are killed along with a score of others in a Las Vegas airplane crash.

Born on this day in history: January 16, 1932 - Dian Fossey (1032-85) Primatologist. Born on January 16, 1932, in San Francisco, California. Dian Fossey enriched our understanding of gorillas through her intense study of these animals from the 1960s to 1980s. She was interested in animals from childhood, but changed college courses from pre-veterinary studies to occupational therapy.

Scripture of the Day: Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

Video of the Day: The Cruise Indoctrination Video Scientology Tried To Suppress - This is a MUST-SEE! Submitted by Laura. (NOTE: A few minutes into the video, the YouTube screen goes blank for a few seconds. Do not despair: It quickly returns.)


Recommended Sites:
Nikon Photographer Forum - a free forum for photography enthusiasts
Corning California Message Board - a free message board for Corning
Olive Hut Blog - specials, olive news, recipes, and more

[While I slept] I received a call from a friend who said the roof had blown off his house during the recent storm. He said he was hosting a barbecue and roof-mending party and invited me. When I arrived, there were several people at work on the roof, using a very unsafe-looking ladder to gain access to the roof. I told my friend that heights bothered me, and he suggested I make guacamole and grill the chicken wings. I eagerly agreed to do so. There was a huge avocado tree in the yard, and each time I suggested that I had produced sufficient guacamole, my friend said more was needed. I filled five 5-gallon buckets with guacamole. He said that would be enough.

[While I was awake] The friend who had appeared in my dream visited my office. I told him of my dream. He said that he had lost a portion of a roof during the storm (albeit the roof of a storage building) and that his sister had a huge avocado tree in her yard!