Monday, January 21, 2008

Fighting Back, To Serve and Protect, -and- The Fats of Life


Fighting Back - woman with black belt tackles burglary suspect
To Serve and Protect - grandmother arrested for not pulling forward at McDonald's drive-through
The Fats of Life - 500-pound NYPD cop loses pension bid

On this day in history: January 21, 1992 - Former child star Dana Plato ("Diff'rent Strokes") arrested on charges of armed robbery for holding up a video store in Las Vegas. She served 200 hours of community service as sentence.

Born on this day in history: January 21, 1957 - Geena Davis (1957– ) Born in Wareham, MA, actress Geena Davis was a model before making her film debut with a small role in "Tootsie" (1982). She won acclaim for playing Thelma in the controversial "Thelma and Louise" (1991). Davis also appeared on several TV series, including the 2005 debut of "Commander in Chief," playing the first woman president.

Scripture of the Day: See, the LORD your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the LORD, the God of your fathers, told you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. - Deuteronomy 1:21

Video of the Day: When Cobras Attack - submitted by Frank





Hazardous materials alert! Be careful out there! Click to enlarge.






Recommended Sites:
Nikon Photographer Forum - a free forum for photography enthusiasts
Corning California Message Board - a free message board for Corning
Olive Hut Blog - specials, olive news, recipes, and more

RAIN! The weatherpeople failed miserably at forecasting today's weather: They predicted sunshine and 61 degrees. It is raining and cold! When I looked outside this morning, it appeared dry, so I shod myself with sandals. Later, when I took cans and bottles to the recycle bin, I discovered it was raining and appeared to have rained throughout the night! Yikes! I slithered out of my sandals and replaced them with running shoes. I ran to Mr. Nitro and engaged the wipers and defogger—wishing I had been provided the benefit of an accurate weather forecast and had, therefore, set the heater/defogger controls in order to allow starting Mr. Nitro remotely from the warmth of the house. Oh, well, I am up, dressed, drying, and nested at my office. I am enjoying a large mug of hot tea with Splenda and daydreaming of spring.