Thursday, October 27, 2005

Icon Wars -and- Sunshine!


Icon Wars! What your computer does when you're not looking!

The sun is shining brightly, and it is already 72 degrees at 8:31 AM! Yesterday's dreary weather has passed, and the weather is once again wonderful. I drove my Ramcharger to the smog station this morning at 7:30 AM and walked the six blocks to my office. It was a very pleasant walk.

Hopefully, this beautiful weather will last through next week as predicted. Monday evening is the annual Harvest Festival at Harvest Christian Center, and it is anticipated that over 4,000 young people will attend this event. Excellent weather would certainly be a benefit to this event!

A gentleman came to my office and inquired about a computer that his son had brought "to town" for repair. I told him that his son had not brought it here and suggested that he inquire at the only other computer store in the area. He replied, "I went there first, and they don't have it. What do I do now?" I replied, "First, you must buy a new computer. Then, you must promise yourself never to allow your son to take your car 'to town' for repair!"