Thursday, September 08, 2011

Taxi Driver, Stupid Criminals, -and- Where's the Beef?

In the News Today
  • Taxi Driver - cabbie locks woman in trunk after fare dispute
  • Stupid Criminals - man dressed In "Gumby" costume botches San Diego 7-Eleven robbery
  • Where's the Beef? - 21-ton truckload of meat stolen

    Technology in the News Today
  • Why Hasn't Apple Blocked Harmful Digital Certificates?
  • Google gives HTC a Patent Assist to Sue Apple
  • New HP TouchPads to Take Weeks, But They're Still Cheap


    On this Day in History: September 8, 1974 - President Gerald Ford pardons Richard M. Nixon, out of respect for Nixon's family. "Theirs is an American tragedy in which we all have played a part. It could go on and on and on, or someone must write the end to it. I have concluded that only I can do that, and if I can, I must."






    Born on this Day in History: September 8, 1932 - Patsy Cline (1932 - 1963) Born Virginia Patterson Hensley in Winchester, Virginia, country singer Patsy Cline won the Arthur Godfrey Talent Scouts contest in 1957, and went on to record such hits as "I Fall to Pieces" (1960) and "Crazy" (1961). She died in a plane crash





    Scripture of the Day




    Video of the Day -




    Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene at Walmart while journeying to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.