Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Tax Dollars at Work, Look Who's Talking, -and- Don't Shoot!

In the News Today:
  • Tax Dollars at Work - Porterhouse steak and lobster on food stamps!
  • Look Who's Talking - NJ court: No shield law for message boards posters
  • Don't Shoot! - LAPD seeks tighter regulations on toy guns

    Technology in the News Today:
  • RSA to Replace SecurID Tokens After Lockheed Cyber Attack
  • Group Files FCC Complaint Over Verizon Tethering Tactics
  • The PlayStation Gets Its Own 3D HDTV


    On this Day in History:
    June 7, 1982 - In an effort to defray its $500,000 annual upkeep costs, Priscilla Presley opens Graceland to the public only five years after Elvis died in an upstairs bathroom. The bathroom is kept off-limits to tourists.







    Born on this Day in History: June 7, 1958 - Prince (1958 - ) Named after the jazz band Prince Roger Trio, Minneapolis, Minnesota, native Prince became a professional musician in his teens. The singer released his first album in 1978 and, since his debut, has won seven Grammys, a Golden Globe, and an Academy Award. In 2004, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for his contributions to music.





    Scripture of the Day:




    Video of the Day: -

    To ensure compliance of currently proposed legislation banning embedding of YouTube Videos, I have discontinued the Video of the Day.

    Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene at Walmart while journeying to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.





    A client came to me yesterday and described an issue she was encountering with her Apple iPad 2. Given my limited experience (and unlimited loathing) of Apple products, I thought the most expedient means of addressing her problem would be realized by calling Apple tech support. Imagine my shock when the tech support person who answered my call insisted that conversations would be better served were we to exchange photographs. I declined strongly to agree to this. Nonetheless, this image soon appeared in my Inbox: