Friday, April 03, 2009

Grave Injustice, Stupid Criminals, -and- It's a Wrap


Grave Injustice - SC exhumes tall body rumored cut to fit coffin
Stupid Criminals - man robs store with 9-year-old in tow
It's a Wrap - residents block street to prevent Google filming

On this day in history: April 3, 1882 - Notorious outlaw Jesse James is shot and killed in his own home for a $5,000 reward. The assailants are Charles and Robert Ford, both members of the James gang.

Born on this day in history: April 3, 1924 - Marlon Brando (1924-2004) Born in Omaha, NE, actor Marlon Brando played his greatest stage role as Stanley Kowalski in Tennessee Williams's 'A Streetcar Named Desire' (1947), also playing the screen version (1951), which earned four Oscars. Other award-winning films followed, including 'The Wild One' and 'On the Waterfront' (both 1954). Brando went on to a half-century of intense highs, self-indulgent lows and a tempestuous personal life. He is remembered as a consummate actor.

Scripture of the Day: Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. - Philippians 4:9

Video of the Day: The "Our Gang" Tribute (Part 1) - submitted by Jay





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while checking on my boat at the marina this morning! Click to enlarge.






Last Evening's Dinner: For dinner last evening, I made a chicken breast revision of the chicken liver and rice dish I wrote about last month. I seasoned Mexican bread crumbs (I shall photograph a container of this incredible product and post it here later today!) with adobo seasoning, granulated garlic, ground Cayenne pepper, and Red Monkey Mango Habanero dry rub (your favorite spicy mix would suffice). I cut two large Tyson boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and tossed with the seasoned bread crumbs. I sliced three large white mushrooms and added to a cup of jasmine rice and 1.5 cups of water in an electric rice cooker. While the rice was cooking, I sautéd the chicken breast pieces in extra-virgin olive oil until browned on both sides. I turned off the burner and added a bunch of chopped green onions. Laura arranged the rice on a serving platter, arranged the chicken and green onions atop the rice, and drizzled the remnants of the olive oil over the dish. It was delightful.

Here is a photograph of the dish—taken with my iPhone:





We watched two episodes of "Boston Legal" on Blu-Ray DVD.

The Talking Frog
A guy is 70 years old and loves to fish. He was sitting in his boat the other day when he heard a voice say, "Pick me up."

He looked around and couldn't see anyone. He thought he was dreaming when he heard the voice say again, "Pick me up."

He looked in the water and there, floating on the top, was a frog.

The man said, "Are you talking to me?"

The frog said, "Yes, I'm talking to you. Pick me up then, kiss me and I'll turn into the most beautiful woman you have ever seen.

"I'll make sure that all your friends are envious and jealous because I will be your bride!"

The man looked at the frog for a short time, reached over, picked it up carefully, and placed it in his front breast pocket.

Then the frog said, "What, are you nuts? Didn't you hear what I said? I said kiss me and I will be your beautiful bride."

He opened his pocket, looked at the frog and said,

"Nah, at my age I'd rather have a talking frog."