Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Drive My Car, Stupid Criminals, -and- Mommie Dearest


Drive My Car - deputy resigns after wife takes patrol car for joyride
Stupid Criminals - men try to steal truck that doesn't run
Mommie Dearest - woman charged with nursing baby while intoxicated

On this day in history: April 29, 1996 - Search and rescue teams begin dragging Maryland's muddy Wicomico River after former CIA director William Colby is reported missing. They soon discover his partially-submerged canoe underneath a boat dock, but his body isn't located until it rises to the surface a week later.

Born on this day in history: April 29, 1957 - Daniel Day-Lewis (1957- ) Film actor, born in London, UK, the son of C Day-Lewis. He trained at the Bristol Old Vic and, after several small roles on stage and television, became well known for "My Beautiful Launderette" (1985) and "Room With A View" (1985). He won awards for his portrayal of handicapped Irish writer Christy Brown in "My Left Foot" (1989, Oscar, BAFTA).

Scripture of the Day: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable*#151;if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. - Philippians 4:8

Video of the Day: Coolest iPhone Ever - submitted by Darin





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while driving to work this morning! Click to enlarge.















I have been playing Wolfenstein 3D Lite on my iPhone. Playing it brings back fond memories of playing the PC game circa 1992. I highly recommend this game!

There are few things in this world that will surpass the delight of playing a rousing game of Wolfenstein 3D while standing in line at the bank!