Thursday, February 19, 2009

'Scuse Me While I Sue this Guy, Matters of Life and Death, -and- Photo Op


"Scuse Me While I Sue this Guy - Estate of Jimi Hendrix says it wins trademark suit over namesake vodka
Matters of Life and Death - North Dakota house passes bill outlawing abortion
Photo Op - bird thought extinct photographed for first time, then eaten

On this day in history: February 19, 1998 - Lt. Col. Larry Wayne Harris (Aryan Nations) and William Leavitt are arrested in Henderson, NV for possession of the biological toxin anthrax, military grade, enough to kill an entire city. Their Mercedes is hermetically sealed by authorities and brought to Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada for hazmat.

Born on this day in history: February 19, 1940 - Smokey Robinson (1940– ) Born in Detroit, MI, singer-songwriter Smokey Robinson formed the Miracles vocal group, which signed with Motown Records (1958). Robinson composed and produced many hits, like "My Girl" (1965), and helped perfect the "Motown sound."

Scripture of the Day: I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I show myself holy through you before their eyes. — Ezekiel 36:23

Video of the Day: Ballad of Bernie Madoff - submitted by Cap'n Jack





Gee, that did not go well at all! Click to enlarge.






Sunshine, Blue Skies: Today is beautiful! The sun is shining, there is no wind, the sky is blue and clear, and the birds are singing! Two days like this will prepare us for more rain this weekend. Perhaps I shall grill Friday evening. I am suffering from grill withdrawal!