Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Please Help Me I'm Falling, Honey Don't, -and- They're Here!


Please Help Me I'm Falling - man, dog survive 220-foot plunge
Honey Don't - city tells woman to get rid of bees
They're Here! - Chinese company develops UFO

On this day in history: June 17, 1994 - O.J. Simpson fails to turn himself in to the LAPD at a prearranged time and is later spotted in a white Ford Bronco on a Los Angeles expressway. After a low-speed pursuit through the freeways and streets of Brentwood, O.J. is finally arrested live on television in the driveway of his mansion. According to one of the defense attorneys who served on O.J.'s "Dream Team," Simpson tried to kill himself in the car, but the gun misfired. The Juice allegedly told him: "I pulled the trigger and it didn't go off."

Born on this day in history: June 17, 1980 - Venus Williams (1980– ) Born in Lynwood, CA, tennis champ Venus Williams was the first African-American to reach No. 1 ranking. She's won Wimbledon, the U.S. Open, and Olympic gold.

Scripture of the Day: But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. - Romans 6:17

Video of the Day: "Dream On" - Kelly Sweet - submitted by Amber





Laura had a 3-hour worship team rehearsal at Harvest Christian Center last evening, so I have no exciting menu to share. I had some tortilla chips and salsa and some spring water. Well, I warned you that it would not be exciting!

I watched two episodes of "Party Heat" and two episodes of "Beach Patrol" on truTV. I am always amazed by the idiotic antics of drunken beach-goers. The cops show considerably more restraint than I could!

I got in an hour of good practice with my new guitar and amp. I am very rusty, but I am progressing nicely.