The Perfect Storm - ferry survivors drifted at sea for 24 hours
Thou Shalt Not Steal - con artists scam $80 million from churchgoers
Mingle! - scientists discover wonder drug that cures shyness
On this day in history: June 24, 2004 - Rapper DMX is arrested at New York's JFK Airport after he and a partner were trying to steal a car. While attempting to flee, DMX plows his SUV into a security gate while claiming to be an undercover federal agent. He later pleads guilty, blames Valium and receives jail time.
Born on this day in history: June 24, 1895 - Jack Dempsey (1895 - 1983) Born in Manassa, CO, boxer Jack Dempsey boxed in mining camps and turned pro in 1912. He won the 1919 heavyweight championship, defending the title five times before his loss in 1926. Dempsey moved on to sports promotion and business, opening a famous New York restaurant.
Scripture of the Day: Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love. - Ephesians 6:24
Video of the Day: Jay Leno Picks Up His 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Jay Leno takes delivery of his 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8, the fourth one built. In the video, he is shown rolling up to the dealership in his bright orange 1970 Hemi-equipped Challenger. - submitted by Darin
Thankfully, I did not require fuel this morning! Click to enlarge.
The Wisdom of Larry the Cable Guy
1. A day without sunshine is like night.
2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets The cheese in the trap.
9. Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.
10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.
14. OK, so what's the speed of dark?
15. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?
21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, 'What the heck happened?'
22. Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
23. Light travels faster than sound.. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
24. Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapeños.
What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.