Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Meow!, Pow!, -and- Wow!


Meow! - is tiny Heed the world's smallest cat?
Pow! - woman punches otter to save her dogs
Wow! - drunken German cleans out savings account and passes out to strangers

On this day in history: August 9, 1960 - Harvard professor Timothy Leary consumes seven Psilocybe caerulescens mushrooms in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Five hours later, the self-described atheist experiences a "full-blown conversion experience" next to a swimming pool. It is Leary's first drug trip.

Born on this day in history: August 9, 1963 - Whitney Houston (1963 - ____) singer. She won a Grammy, 1986, for top female vocalist; hits include "How Will I Know," 1987; film debut in "The Bodyguard," 1992.

A friend visited me this morning. He took me for a ride in his new Dodge Magnum RT Hemi. Great Scott! I am now suffering from circadian dysrhythmia!

A young Dutch architect has created a floating bed which hovers above the ground through magnetic force and comes with a price tag of $1.54 million. Gee-whiz. I do not believe that fits into my budget.

Record Store Cats! Click the image to view all eleven images!