Friday, September 12, 2008

Fighting Back, Fighting Back Too, -and- Dress Code


Fighting Back - female karate champion defeats mugger
Fighting Back Too - homeowner holds burglar at gunpoint until cops arrive
Dress Code - Florida baggy-pants law nets 11 more perps

On this day in history: September 12, 1966 - NBC television premieres "The Monkees," a sitcom about four guys in a rock band. When the show becomes a hit, the fictional Monkees somehow release a string of albums, even though three of the actors can't even play their instruments.

Born on this day in history: September 12, 1913 - Jesse Owens
(1913 - 1980)
Born in Danville, Alabama, track and field athlete Jesse Owens set three world records and tied another in the span of about an hour in 1935. At the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, Germany, he achieved the finest one-day performance in track history with four gold medals, forcing Hitler to leave the stadium to avoid congratulating an African-American. In a belated gesture, Owens was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1976.

Scripture of the Day: On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick." - Matthew 9:12

Video of the Day: Giant Snails - submitted by Cindy





Go, Sarah! Click to enlarge.










Who Am I?

I am 42 years old.
I love the outdoors.
I hunt.
I am a Republican reformer.
I have taken on the Republican Party establishment.
I have five children.
I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.

Did you guess?



I am Teddy Roosevelt in 1900.