Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Who Are You?, To Serve and Protect, -and- Can You Hear Me Now?


Who Are You? - KY lawmaker wants to make anonymous Internet posting illegal
To Serve and Protect - Amtrak cop shoots self in foot
Can You Hear Me Now? - man sets world's record for ear hair

On this day in history: March 11, 1669 - After a series of premonitional earthquakes near Mount Etna, the largest volcano in Europe spectacularly erupts, destroying the Sicilian town of Nicolosi and killing 20,000 people.

Born on this day in history: March 11, 1931 - (Keith) Rupert Murdoch (1931– ) Born in Melbourne, Australia, media mogul Rupert Murdoch inherited The News in Adelaide and went on to build a publishing empire in Australia, the U.S., Hong Kong and the UK. He became a U.S. citizen in 1985, and then bought Twentieth Century Fox film studio and the Fox television network.

Scripture of the Day: For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. - 1 Corinthians 3:11

Video of the Day: Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance - submitted by
Frank





Politician Gone Wild! Click to enlarge.






Following the early service at Harvest Christian Center Sunday, I stopped at Sav-Mor Foods to do a bit of shopping.

I was loading my purchases into my Nitro R/T, when I was approached by a young lady of approximately 25 years of age. She was very lovely. She was tall and slender, with long blond hair an engaging smile.

"I like your car," she said.

"Thank you," I replied.

"That's a lot of toilet paper," she said--pointing at the 128-roll package of toilet paper I was loading into the cargo area of my Nitro R/T.

"I shall not use it all at once," I replied.

She smiled.

"I recognized your car by the license plate," she said.

(The license plate is NITRORT.)

"I've seen your car on your blog. I read your blog every day. It gives me great pleasure and makes me smile throughout the day," she said, smiling.

"Thank you," I replied. "It gives me great pleasure knowing that you enjoy my blog so."

"You recently displayed a photograph of my home on your blog," she said.

"Really?" I asked. "What photograph was that?"

"The Redneck Mansion," she answered. "I live there with my mother, sisters and brothers, aunts, uncles, and cousins."

"That is interesting," I said.

"You'll have to visit me in the spring. It is beautiful at the Mansion in the spring."

"So I shall," I said.

She smiled.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"My name is fathom," she replied.

"Fathom. That is an odd name. Is your father a seafaring man?"

"I never knew my father," she replied.

"I am sorry," I said. "How, then, did you come to be named 'Fathom'"?

"My great-grandmother's name was Judith," she replied.

"Ah," I said. "Have a lovely day, Fathom."