Thursday, December 06, 2007

Lockdown, Mommy Dearest, -and- Fiddling Around


Lockdown - jailers fired for encouraging fashion show
Mommy Dearest - 7-year-old girl shot 6 times saving own mother
Fiddling Around - Toyota's new robot can play the violin

On this day in history: December 6, 1969 - A concert by the Rolling Stones at Altamont ends in the death of a fan at the hands of the Hells Angels, who were hired for security.

Born on this day in history: December 6, 1896 - Ira Gershwin (1896–1983) Born in New York City, lyricist Ira Gershwin began his long collaboration with brother George in 1918, creating classics like "The Man I Love" (1924). He also contributed lyrics to "Porgy and Bess" (1935). Later, Gershwin collaborated with composers such as Kurt Weill, Jerome Kern and Harold Arlen.

Scripture of the Day: "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me; just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep." (John 10:14-15)

Video of the Day: Terry Fator, Part 4 of 5 - submitted by Frank





I happened upon this scene on my way to the office this morning. Some might consider this fox lazy, but I think he is sly! Click to enlarge.






Recommended Site: Corning California Net - A free forum for Corning, California!

Recommended Site: Nikon Photographer - A free forum for all photographers (NOT just Nikon users!) and anyone interested in photography!

It is raining! Yesterday was beautiful and sunny, but today is dark, dreary, and wet. I am pleased that I went shopping yesterday. Shopping in the rain is a most unpleasant task.

[While I slept] I arrived home from my office and was greeted by my cat, Zeus. He generally greets me by rubbing against my legs as I walk into the house and leaping onto the dining room table as I near it, where he then positions himself to receive petting. He did not do this, however. He pressed himself tightly against my leg and would not move. His body shook. At first, I imagined that he was ill, but touching his nose indicated that he was not. I looked into his eyes and saw fear! Zeus had been frightened by something! "Zeus," I said, "what has frightened you?" Zeus lifted his paw and pointed at the monitor for Laura's computer. Onscreen was a local news story with the headline, "Cat Burglar Strikes Again!" I bent down, took Zeus into my arms, stroked his soft fur, and said, "Zeus, fear not! A cat burglar is a thief who uses stealth while stealing. It is not someone who steals cats!" Zeus looked up at me and meowed. The fear was gone from his eyes!