Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?, No Cake, -and- No U-turn


Can You Hear Me Now? - women talk three times as much as men
No Cake - man faces jail for celebrating Satan's birthday
No U-turn - man drives into subway tunnel by mistake

On this day in history: November 28, 1981 - Natalie Wood topples off her yacht near Catalina Island and drowns. Her husband, Robert Wagner, and friend, Christopher Walken, were on board and unaware of her predicament.

Born on this day in history: November 28, 1928 - John Bunyan (1628 - 1688) clergyman, author. He was the author of the allegory "Pilgrim's Progress," 1678, which he wrote while in prison.

VIDEOS: The videos are now available via the link "Amazing and Amusing Videos" in the Links section, below the visitor counter.

Some of you may recall the story (approximately nine months ago) of a lady on whom I took pity and to whom I gave an old computer. She shared with me her descent into drug addiction, which culminated in her imprisonment. She was recently released from prison, working as a waitress in a local restaurant, and expressed the desire to access the Internet to do Bible study and to improve her computer skills in order to seek higher-paying employment. I determined that her computer (purchased from a loathsome deceiver at a yard sale, who assured her it worked fine) was incapable of affording her the Internet access she desired. The Holy Spirit told me to take pity on her, and I did—giving her a functioning computer that had been collecting dust in the storage area of my office. I wondered what had become of her. I had not seen or heard from her since encountering her once at the market a few weeks after I gave her the computer—at which time she said the computer was working well and said that God would surely bless me for the kindness I had shown her.

I received a telephone call from her this morning. She moved to Sacramento several months ago and soon thereafter was given a job at a title company. She has been on the worship team at a small church since July and recently became a Bible teacher, instructing young children in the Word. She said that it was my help and belief in her that enabled her to reach her goals. I answered that it was God who had done this, and I had merely acted as His servant. She said, "I know. God bless you."