Tuesday, November 22, 2005

These Shoes Were Made for Sneakin'


These Shoes Were Made for Sneakin' - shoes made specially for sneaking across border

Cold Turkey - frozen turkey saves couple from burning car

It is a particularly quiet day here at my office. I enjoy quiet times such as this. The entire city seems quiet. Traffic on the main street is very light, and there are only a few parked cars. Generally, at this time of day, traffic is heavy and parking spaces are few. This morning on the way to my office I noticed that the gas station near my house was doing a brisk business. Apparently, many are traveling to celebrate Thanksgiving elsewhere.

I will be closing early tomorrow and will remain closed until Monday morning. Laura is working a half day tomorrow and has Friday off as well. It is beautiful weather during the day and chilly at night. We will be grilling some top sirloin steaks, giant white mushrooms, and red bell peppers tonight. I shall also make a batch of garlic/broccoli mashed potatoes. I am drooling copiously in anticipation!

We will be attending a special service at Harvest Christian Center tomorrow night.

Thursday morning, we will begin the preparations for Thanksgiving dinner. We shall have turkey, asparagus, Cajun dressing (toasted sourdough bread cubes, sausage, mushrooms, garlic, onions, red bell peppers, Jalapeño peppers, Habanero peppers, chicken stock, and various herbs and spices), cranberry sauce, and Almaden Chardonnay. Over the weekend, we will make a huge batch of turkey soup.

Well, now that I have worked myself into a feeding frenzy, I shall have a Fuji apple and a Diet Pepsi!